Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Sophia!















What a strange feeling...knowing it's my daughter's first birthday, but not knowing exactly what to do about it. We are still waiting for that all-important travel call, and I was feeling pretty patient until today! We really don't expect it for another week or two, but since it's Sophia's birthday today (August 3rd), I've been thinking about her all day. I decided to make "birthday cinnamon rolls" for breakfast. Jacob sang "happy birthday" to Sophia while I took a video. At church, Amanda marked the occassion by giving us a hand-made quilt for Sophia! It is beautiful, and just what I needed to help me feel like it was really my daughter's birthday. Then, after church, Chris, Jacob and I went to a Korean deli for lunch. (Jacob has decided that he doesn't like Korean food...we'll have to work on that). I'm so glad that we'll have a life-time of birthdays to celebrate from now on!




We've been enjoying our summer by doing some typical summer activities. Last weekend we headed up to Roseau for the annual county fair. We always have fun taking Jacob on rides, playing games, watching the derby, and most of all, eating the food. We also found time to hang out at a great little beach on Lake of the Woods.


Last week, we went to the Minnesota Zoo for a day with Amanda and her friend from Iowa, Michelle. It was the first time we've seen the new rennovations with the fun fountains, and the new Grizzly Bear exhibit.


We also made it out to Elm Creek Park for a swim on Friday. Jacob loved playing in the water with his friends Sydney, Josh, Chloe, Caleb, Sadie, and Emma.

No comments: