Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Splendor that is Fall

Fall is my favorite time of year, but just like a YUMMY dessert or a roller-coaster ride or the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy, or nap time, or certain romantic recreational activities, it's all over too quickly. I very intentionally try to soak in all the fall fun while it's here. That explains why I've been to 3 orchard/farms in the last month!

Back in September, we brought Sophia on her first camping trip (I don't think camping was a common activity with her foster parents in Seoul, but you never know). She is slowly starting to explore things out of her comfort zone, but she was still pretty clingy that weekend. Besides the fact that we forgot our tent poles, we had a great time.

I've been so excited this week because Sophia is getting obviously more comfortable with Daddy. She gives him kisses and sits on his lap for stories and plays in the garage or outside with him while I'm taking a break. She doesn't cry as much when I leave her home with Daddy. Little by little, she'll start opening up to others. We just have to give her time to build up her trust and comfort level. I'm amazed at how many words she understands. She doesn't try to repeat words after I say them, but she makes plenty of baby babble sounds, so I'm sure soon I won't be able to get a word in edgewise.

Jacob had a great time at the Oreck store the other day! It was like a dream come true...a whole store with only vacuums in it! The sales lady got a kick out of him.

Here are some of the photos from camping, the apple orchard and hanging out in our backyard.

No comments: